Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot.
- Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.